Saturday, March 13, 2010

Getting outside our comfort zones


It was raining when I left home yesterday to meet with the LakeWriters at Moneta Library.  It was tempting to turn around at the first intersection and come home: I was sleep deprived, exhausted, and wary.  I knew maybe one, maybe two of the writers who would be sitting around the table discussing their trade.

I steeled my resolve and said No.  I am not going to wimp out.  This is a door being opened and I mean to go through it.  So what if nobody knows a thing about Barb Roberts, or cares?  Everybody has to go for the first time sometime, someplace.

When I left the library after a stimulating two hour session with eight enthusiastic writers, I knew it was right to leave my comfort zone and meet with them.   They were gracious and welcoming to this novice writer, and I look forward to being there again next month.  Maybe I'll bring a poem to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive