Monday, February 22, 2010

Can you spell spontaneity?

Having a well thought out plan is awesome good.  I hope to have that happen someday.  But it hasn't happened so far...and you don't even want to know how long "so far" is.  But I wonder...what if even God didn't really plan ahead all that carefully?  You know that dinosaur thing didn't work out too well for Him, right?  I mean, where's the spontaneity?  How boring would that be if every day God looked down on the beautiful blue marble, the apple of His eye and said, "Oh, yes, I remember how today goes.  Back to bed.

I'm just saying.  Look at this terrific cartoon.  Don't you love Non Sequitur?  Now what would the writer draw on if we all planned ahead?  No funnies.  No satire.  No surprises.  God knew what He was doing when He made us, that's for sure.

Look, do you think I knew how to spell spontaneity?  Do you think spell check might just be helping keep spontaneity alive?

You go ahead and plan everything ahead and maybe you'll be part of some new world order.  I'll take what's behind door #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive